今晚做諾域治球迷

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

拖肥主席

積分
發表於 2016-1-23 03:23:25 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Steven Naismith hopes to thank Everton fans with debut Norwich goal against Liverpool

Steven Naismith hopes to say thank-you to the Everton fans by opening his Norwich City account in the same way he did at Goodison - by scoring against Liverpool.

The fan-favourite sealed an £8.5m move to Norwich City earlier this week, signing a three-and-a-half year deal.

Naismith fell down the pecking order at Everton, despite bagging a perfect hat-trick against champions Chelsea in September, and knew he had to leave.

Roberto Martinez blocked Naismith’s summer transfer to Norwich but allowed him to speak with the Canaries this month.

The 29-year-old forward admits it was a wrench to leave Everton but knew that for the sake of his career, he had to bow out at Goodison.

Naismith is hoping to say a proper farewell to the Blues supporters on the final day of the season when Norwich head for Merseyside but he hopes to thank them by scoring against the Reds tomorrow (12:45pm) - the same club he scored his first Everton goal against.

“It has been a topic that has been brought up a lot since I made the move and if I can start my Norwich career like I did my Everton one, by scoring my first goal against Liverpool, then that would be great,” said Naismith, who scored in 2012 derby at Goodison.

“This definitely has been the biggest decision of my career.

“Coming to Everton, I took my time to feel comfortable but over the last three years, I have definitely enjoyed every minute.

“I have met some fantastic people and have made lifelong friends with the people that work there.

“Being at Everton was probably as comfortable as I have ever been in my football career but the problem was the amount of minutes I was getting on the park, and so that was always going to have a bearing because football is such a short career.

“After speaking to the manager in the summer and Norwich coming back in for me this month, there was a decision to be made and hopefully I have made the right one and I have a successful time here.

“I have a lot to be thankful for Everton, they were fantastic for me and for my family, who were coming down to England for the first time.

“We have met some amazing people there.”

He added: “My whole time at Everton was fantastic and I learnt so much from the chats I had with the manager.”

Naismith won over the Blues faithful with his full-blooded and whole-hearted style but also his eye for goal.

The Scotland international leaves Goodison after making 123 appearances and scoring 25 goals following his switch from Rangers in July 2012.

“I feel like there are a lot of similarities between the supporters at Everton and the supporters at Rangers, and my relationship with them,” Naismith said.

“I feel as though I had a similar upbringing to the fans and though it took a bit of time to show my worth, I became accepted and they went on to trust me when I was in the team and knew that I would give 100%.

“I performed to the best of my ability for the club, always did my best, and I’m sure the fans could relate to that.

“And when I was in the side, I felt like I contributed with some goals and good performances.”

“For different reasons, different goals mean a lot to me but you can’t get much better than scoring your first goal against Liverpool,” he continued.

“Obviously, there was the hat-trick against Chelsea and there were a couple against Arsenal but one of my favourites may not be the fans’ favourite.

“It was the one against Villa when a bit of class from Stevie P played me through, I finished it and got us back in the game.

“Kevin then struck a wonderful free-kick to win us the game. Not too many people will talk about that goal but I felt like it was a turning point in my Everton career.”

Naismith says he moves on from Everton having struck up a strong friendship with John Stones and many others in the Blues squad.

And Norwich’s new forward says he will watch the progression of the club’s talented young players with a keen eye.

“When I started my Everton career, I only knew Jela (Nikica Jelavic) and Davey Weir but I soon made good friends with the boys,” he said.

“Myself and John are very close and remain close. Our families are quite close as well but I’m really friendly with so many of the lads.

“Lads like Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy, Bainesy and Jags as well.

“They have been fantastic and I looked up to them when I moved.

“Throughout the squad, I will keep in contact and as my career is winding down, I’m looking forward to seeing the young lads at Everton flourish and turn into top players.”

He added: “Coming back to Goodison on the final day of the season will be a nice game to be involved in.

“Hopefully we’ll be comfortably in mid-table and Everton have had a strong second-half to the season.

“It’ll be nice to do a proper send off.”

“Two thirds of the world is covered by water, the rest is covered by James McCarthy.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

拖肥隊長

積分
發表於 2016-1-23 14:57:54 | 顯示全部樓層
番黎做教練!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
舊名: leon183
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

拖肥主席

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2016-1-23 21:36:55 | 顯示全部樓層
講得出做得到!!!

靚走位+窄角度射入

諾域治上半場領先2:1!!!
“Two thirds of the world is covered by water, the rest is covered by James McCarthy.”
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港愛華頓迷討論區  

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 04:44 , Processed in 0.049754 second(s), 8 queries , Apc On.